In this talk given at Christ Community Church, I examine the sources we have for the life of Jesus, and the historicity of the Resurrection. I also examine the facts we can get from the sources and the theories people have proposed to explain them
- Why is the Resurrection important to Christianity?
- The sources we have for the life of Jesus
- Facts about the Resurrection anyone can agree on
- Possible theories as to what happened
- Late Legend
- Swoon Theory
- The Christian Conspiracy
- The Supernatural Event
Resources/People/Articles Mentioned in the talk
- The Case For Christ
- J. Warner Wallace
- How We Know The Gospels Have Not Been Corrupted Over Time
- Did Jesus Really Rise From The Dead?
- Is The Resurrection A Late Legend?
- Were The Sightings of Jesus Merely Hallucinations?
- Why We Know The Resurrection Wasn’t A Conspiracy